Is going as fast as possible the best way to commute to work on a bike? That’s the question we’re testing in this video, thanks to a guest appearance by former pro cyclocross racer, current coach and all-around amazing guy Mark McConnell, aka Hot Sauce (go check out his website here.)
Here’s how we tested the question. Mark, in athletic clothing and riding a fast bike, agreed to commute as fast as possible. Following the same route, I commute in my work clothes on my comfortable three-speed city bike. Who will have the better commute? Watch to find out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Tom Babin is the author of Frostbike: The Joy, Pain and Numbness of Winter Cycling.
- How people in 100 cities ride bikes differently | The Shifter Global Bike Culture Index
- Gift guide for urban cyclists and bike commuters 2023
- I rode 50 km on five saddles to find the best type of bike seat for commuting
- This northern city is spending $100M to improve cycling. Can your city too?
- Testing a cargo e-bike as your everyday vehicle